- 10 datasets derived from ice cores are expressed as musical themes
and textures in a symphony.
- Many techniques are used including scales of pitches, scales of note
patterns, scales of rhythmic patterns.
- Merged sonifications conveys the values of two or more data points
in one sound.
- Excerpt is from 75,000 years ago and moves from past to present at
the rate of 50 years per beat or chord.
- Cited by the Director of the National Science Foundation for being
an innovative merging of art and science.
Listen to the MP3 (825 kb)